Consultant, Total Rewards & Compensation
Reporting to the COO of QTI Total Rewards, the Consultant, Total Rewards will serve as a key contributor to the team, managing a book of client consulting engagements related to Total Rewards. The Consultant will manage medium-sized client engagements from start to finish by providing direction for assessing and developing rewards and benefits programs that are aligned with Total Rewards principles. Additionally, the Consultant will be responsible for interacting with prospects to provide guidance for strategic Total Rewards solutions.
Client Project Management (35%)
- Manage consulting projects by facilitating client meetings and presentations, responding to client questions, managing workflow for team.
- Complete projects within budget, on time, up to delivery standards, and meeting client expectations.
- Solely manage client interactions, and expectations, and manage difficult situations or conversations.
- Maintain regular contact and establish personal rapport with current, past, and potential clients.
- Identify, understand, and respond to client needs.
- Lead cross-company teams by collaborating with the departments and companies of The QTI Group.
Client Project Work (25%)
- Advise clients by identifying, understanding, and responding to their needs.
- Develop solutions such as staff and executive compensation systems, variable pay and sales incentive programs, surveys, and/or performance and talent management systems.
- Conduct or review data analysis to delivery standards.
- Research current human resources activities and stay abreast of trends in the HR marketplace.
- May design new solutions to meet client needs or develop new service or product lines.
Business/Practice Development (20%)
- Maintain prospect and client records by updating database and files with necessary compliance and profile information.
- Support, maintain, and develop client relationships by sourcing new clients; partner with sales and marketing to follow through on leads; develop and present proposals and contracts; educate clients on QTI services, and refer clients to other QTI business units.
- Enhance knowledge, relationships, and the visibility of The QTI Group of companies in the local marketplace by partaking in speaking engagements, newsletter writing, publishing white papers; participating in civic, social networking, and professional/technical organizations; networking with professional contacts and industry leaders.
- Guide and lead the consulting staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; establishing and communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintain client and talent confidence and protect company operations by keeping client, talent, and company information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in efforts to understand, advise, and connect clients and talent so they can adapt, grow, and succeed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Bill clients for work performed, forecast pipeline and revenue expectations, and review profitability of projects.
Professional Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree; preference in Business, Economics, Engineering, HR, or Statistics
- 4 years of human resources consulting experience or 8 years of internal compensation experience
- PHR or CCP certification preferred
- Significant experience in compensation analyses and/or HR analyses
- Detailed knowledge of compensation concepts, principles, and processes to deliver solutions and decisions that have a positive, far-reaching, and comprehensive organizational impact, influencing future events and directions
- Detailed knowledge of organization structure and job design
- Detailed knowledge of job analysis and job evaluation principles, methods, and procedures
- Detailed knowledge of career development and career laddering concepts, principles, and processes
- Working knowledge of computerized applications and procedures as applied to compensation management, as well as Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of federal and state wage and salary laws and regulations
- Ability to understand records and database management processes
- Ability to collect, organize, and analyze statistical data and generate reports
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures
- Knowledge of statistical sampling and survey methodology
- Advanced ability to provide on-the-job and technical guidance and training to others
Personal and Professional Attributes
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Ability to manage medium-sized projects of various complexity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external clients, including senior leaders
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Advanced ability to work effectively independently as well as in a project team environment
- Advanced ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments with limited or ambiguous information
- Advanced ability to work well under tight deadlines and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Detailed knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Ability to present a confident demeanor, a consultative style, and excellent listening skills.
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity should apply directly online at:
https://www.qtigroup.com/job-posting/consultant-total-rewards/15816 or email Nicki McCurdy - firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Job Listings